This big fella is on the postcard, and I showed some progress shots way back when I was painting him, but I figured maybe this would be a good time for some more detailed views of him. I’ve gotten kind of fond of my little buddy here.
No surprise, he’s heading for the Dubious Beasts: Symbiosis show in Cannon Beach next weekend.
(If you want to get a peek at what’s up with the other half of the DB:S show, here’s a nice piece about Shing at WonderCon!)
A quick value study for a fairy tale assignment.
I decided to tell the story of Jack and the Beanstalk as a Norse myth. Jack is the child of Odin’s two ravens and instead of a beanstalk he climbs Yggdrasil (the World Tree).
Fun shark attack facts:
- In 1996, toilets injured 43,000 Americans. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, 2,600 Americans were injured by room fresheners. Sharks injured 13.
- In 1996, buckets and pails injured almost 11,000 Americans. Sharks injured 13.
- For every human killed by a shark, humans kill approximately two million sharks.
- Humans are assholes.
- Sharks are not assholes.
- Apparently everyone in 1996 lived in a real-life infomercial.